October 4th & 18th, 2017
Graham Austin, Acrylics or Watercolour
Graham will demonstrate his unique style of painting and then assist you to achieve your own versions. He will be using acrylics in a watercolour style.
International award winning contemporary artist Graham Austin creates amazing aerial landscape paintings using an unconventional technique.
● A photo of a subject you like
(he tends to do landscapes )
● Watercolour paper or canvas for acrylics
(your choice of size )
● Watercolour paints or Acrylics (your choice of colours)
● Other painting materials you normally use .
Gwynneth Boyce, Pastels
What to bring
- Faber Castell Kneadable rubber
- Good quality pastel sticks and – (pencils are optional.)
- Mi Tientes pastel paper, mid tone beige is best, at Eckersleys.
- Foamcore (lightweight) board to attach paper with blue tac, clips etc (available at Eckersleys or Spotlight)
I have a variety of Landscape photos for use.
(Next Month: Graham Austin, Acrylics or Watercolour)
This months workshop is Camelle Denny – Oils – Week 1 ‘The eye of the wave’; Week 2 ‘The Breaker’
What to bring;
- Medium: Liquin
- Boxed Canvas 12”x 16”
- Palette (I use tear off sheets)
- Palette Knife
- Brushes: ¾ or ½” Flat soft
- Number 10 filbert medium/soft Fan 6” and 12” soft 1 or 2: liner
- Paints: Student quality is fine: Alizarin Crimson; Titanium White; Ultramarine Blue; Raw Sienna; Burnt Umber; Sap Green
Extra: Baby wipes, strong kitchen roll paper and or T-shirt type cloth for wiping out brushes.
No 6 Fan is a bonus for light colours only.
Baby oil in a jar with a lid: NO TURPS ALLOWED. We will be constantly wiping out our brushes, final cleaning at home.
Visit Camelle’s FB Page to see more of her work
July workshop is with Sue Jokinen – Abstract Inks on Yupo Paper
Workshop 1: The beauty of acrylic inks on Yupo paper. Introducing glues for texture.
Workshop 2: Introducing pastels, salts and powdered pigments.
What to bring:
- A water spray bottle, a box of tissues / paper towels/apron
- a few paintbrushes (quality not an issue)
- Your acrylic inks and Yupo paper OR
- Sue will provide both for $ 10 or paper only for $5. (To be paid directly to tutor)
Visit Sue on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/abstractinksbysuejokinen/
Watercolour – Atmospheric Skies; Beach Scenes & Rocky Headlands
Cheryl Bruce 7th & 21st
With a focus on atmospheric skies, Cheryl will demonstrate two different techniques for handling rocks and rocky headlands. Please note these techniques will not work well on cheap paper.
What to Bring:
· Your normal watercolour supplies and colour palette.
· Colours: Cheryl works with Ultramarine, Cobalt and Cerulean Blues plus Turquoise; Naples Yellow, Cad Yellow, Yellow Ochre/Raw Sienna, Rose Madder Genuine, Brown Madder, Cad Red, Light Red & Neutral Tint, Indigo and Windsor Violet.
· Good quality paper – preference is for Arches Rough 300gsm.
Sue who teaches at Kulnura and Ettalong, has been painting on silk for over twenty years, will teach us techniques in creating a delightful piece of art from a piece of white silk. What a lovely gift your original, wearable piece of art would make!
**PLEASE NOTE: **
Due to the specific nature of this workshop, Sue will supply each member with 2 silk scarves and the dyes used for the two workshops for $16.00. Therefore, could you please indicate to Marlene or Fran your intention to attend to avoid under/over supply by Sue.
What to Bring:
- disposable gloves, an apron,
- paper towel or an old face cloth
- watercolour brushes or Chinese painting brushes (whatever you have)