During these workshops, Francisco is happy for you to work on your own project/subject, or follow his workshop subjects. Whilst his preference is for Atelier Interactive Acrylic colours, he is open to you bringing Matisse or whatever brand you own. Don’t forget to wear old clothes or bring an apron as once acrylics dry, they are permanent. Visit Francisco’s website at: www.franciscopachecoartgallery.com
What to bring:
- 2 Primed canvas; thick primed paper for acrylics, or canvas boards. Surface and size is your choice.
- Brushes: oil, watercolour or Synthetic bristle Acrylic brushes – a pair of no. 1, 2, 8, 10 and 12 at least; flats and rounds
- 1 house painting brush (medium/large) for large areas and to apply binder medium
- Colours: Primary: yellow, blue, red; secondary: green, violet, orange; black, white and Sienna plus whatever you own.
- A cavity-type palette or stay-wet palette (acrylics dry fast)
- Pencils/Charcoal (optional)
- A spatula or painting knife
- A fine mist water spray, plus 2 plastic or glass jars/cups for water
- Cloth to clean brushes and paper towels
- An Easel (table or standing) if preferred to painting flat.
- Optional: Binder Medium Atelier (surface preparation), Polymer Gloss Medium & Varnish Holcroft (increase flow and gloss), Slow Medium Atelier (slow the drying process). If you have these in your kit great; for those new to acrylics CCAS will provide a limited supply for you to ‘try before you buy’ as these are around $16 – $18.00 each.