These are the conditions of entry to our exhibitions:
- ENTRY FORMS:
- Please read condition of entry carefully. Note: All works to be for Sale. 25% Commission retained by CCAS.
- Entries to be submitted only on the signed official entry form, or via CCAS on-line facility.
- LATE ENTRIES will no longer be accepted.
- NO AMENDED ENTRIES after the closing date. Prior to closing date direct to the Exhibition Coordinator
- Increase in closing date to 3/4 weeks from Exhibition to allow for ‘snail mail’. Check the Entry Form
- Title of work no longer than 30 characters, or it may be abbreviated.
- No wet paintings accepted.
- All works hung at the discretion of the Committee
Rationale: Late or amended entries create issues in the preparation of Labels, numbering and the catalogue
- Full payment due with Entry Forms. Pay on-line or forward to Exhibition Coordinator as per entry form.
- Cheques to be made payable to Central Coast Art Society Inc.
- To facilitate an orderly delivery process, payment on delivery will no longer be an option.
- DELIVERY & PICK-UP:
- Delivery Time & Place: – check the entry form. Usually the day prior to Official Opening.
- Pick-up of unsold works: If unable to collect, please authorize in writing an alternate person
- framed works and stretched canvas – Maximum size 3’ x 2’ (92cm x 61cm) includes the frame.
- Miniatures (Summer Exhibition) the perimeter of the actual art work must not exceed 40cm (i.e. 10cm x 10cm, or any variation e.g. 12cm x 8cm.). Total perimeter of the external frame limited to 100cm.
- Cards/Pottery/Jewellery/unframed work
- Post completed form with the entry form and payment for your stretched canvas or framed painting.
- Cards, unframed works to be clear wrapped, sealed, labeled as per entry form.
- To be presented in an appropriately sized stand, tray, decorative box etc. NOTE: – oversized containers or household storage boxes etc. are not acceptable as presentation is important and space limited.
Rational: Helps with the allocation of space, planning and folder can be prepared ahead of time.
- FRAMED WORKS
- FRAMES must be in good condition – front and back
- FRAMED WORKS MUST BE FRAMED TO A PROFESSIONAL STANDARD – even if you do it yourself
- NO SCREW EYES. Please use ‘D’ rings or cord securely stapled to the frame.
- NO STRING – use cord or wire (strong enough to hold the painting). WIRE ends to be taped.
- Test the length of the cord/wire to ensure hanging devises don’t distract from your work.
- Works on Paper, to be sealed on the back, with framing tape. Glass must be clean inside and out.
Rationale: Poor framing or presentation diminishes your work, reputation and chance of sale
- STRETCHER Canvases – as for framed works, plus either
- treat edges as part of the painting, or alternatively
- Ensure edges are undamaged, neat and clean.
These conditions are subject to change at any time please review each time you wish to enter one of our exhibitions.
LAST UPDATED: OCT 2018