1st and 3rd Wednesday (February to November)
Arrive at 9.15am to start at 9.30am. Finish at 12.30pm
Studio 2, Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre.
Cost $25.00 per week includes morning tea. EFTPOS available.
Visitors are welcome.
Please note there is no booking requirement for our workshops, you simply turn up on the day.
Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre provides plenty of convenient parking and disability access.
Attendees must follow the COVID-19 Safety Plan to maintain a safe and creative environment.
For the August & September Workshops a maximum of 10 students can attend each session. To attend you must:
- Book and pay in advance. No refunds.
- Send a text message to Marlene on 0409666709 to book your place and pay $25 in advance by direct deposit.
- BSB 062 544 Account number: 28022569, Account Name: Central Coast Art Society. Under Description or Payee Reference please use the code WS followed by your surname and initial (e.g. Bob Brown = WSBrownB)
- CCAS will provide sanitiser, cleaner and paper towels. Please use on arrival.
- Record your details in the Sign-In Register.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. Tables and chairs will be positioned accordingly.
- Participants to be responsible to clean their own areas. No tablecloths to be provided and participant to bring something to cover the table with (e.g. Towel, plastic sheet, paper).
- No morning tea will be provided by CCAS but everyone can bring their own requirements at this stage. No sharing of food is allowed.
- If you are unwell (especially with symptoms of a sore throat, headache, dry cough, a fever or a cold or any flu like symptoms) please do not attend a workshop for any reason.
Charcoal and Ink Workshops with Karen Bloomfield
BOTH WORKSHOPS BOOKED OUT
‘The Art of Eyes’ with Charcoal & Ink on Wednesday 4 November
Bookings close 29 October
Work step-by-step with Karen to learn a reliable method for achieving eyes full of life and character. This workshop is a great way of learning the charcoal & ink method while applying it to an integral component of any portrait.
‘Portraiture’ with Charcoal on 18 November
Bookings close 12 November
Reference and inks provided
Materials list for both sessions:
1/2 sheet 300gsm watercolour paper (Bockingford recommended)
Compressed Charcoal pencil (soft)
Compressed charcoal stick (soft)
1 x hard rubber
small water container
a ‘floppy’ brush for spreading ink
a selection of clean oil or acrylic brushes for charcoal ‘painting’ (small & med flat & one large round)
masking tape (low tack if available)
pencil, ruler (60cm preferably)