1st and 3rd Wednesday (February to November)
Arrive at 9.15am to start at 9.30am. Finish at 12.30pm
Studio 2, Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre.
Cost $25.00 per week.
Bookings are essential.
Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre provides plenty of convenient parking and disability access.
The 2021 Calendar of Events can be downloaded
Attendees must follow the COVID-19 Safety Plan to maintain a safe and creative environment.
- Book and pay in advance. No refunds.
- Send a text message to Marlene on 0409666709 to book your place and pay $25 in advance by direct deposit.
- BSB 062 544 Account number: 28022569, Account Name: Central Coast Art Society. Under Description or Payee Reference please use the code WS followed by your surname and initial (e.g. Bob Brown = WSBrownB)
Inks and Mixed Media with Christine Raj
Wednesday 5 and 19 May
Bookings close 28 April and 12 May
Our two Workshops, on the 5th and the 19th May will be in two parts. The first half will be to create backgrounds with Alcohol Ink, using many techniques, on a couple of different materials. These backgrounds will then be used to introduce a subject, using stencils or drawings over the ink painting. The medium used for the subject painting will be acrylics, which overlay well with inks, and add texture and more opacity.
These inks have an alcohol base and it is used to mix and blend the colours. They are moved around by blowing into a straw, paint brushing, scrunching plastic wrap, dabbing with cosmetic sponges, old credit cards, tilting the substrate, airbrushing, blending etc., etc. In this class you will also be applying an acrylic paint image either hand painted or stencilled. So bring stencils or drawings to use for the acrylic overlay subject matter.
Supplies Needed for Alcohol Ink and Acrylics Workshop
- Alcohol Ink in a few colours (available at Riot Art and Craft stores, or Eckersleys Art Supplies)
- Some Yupo paper (Eckersleys art store), or a sealed canvas which is non-porous.
- Tissues, plastic wrap, aluminium foil
- Isopropyl Alcohol (available at Bunnings) 90+%
- Disposable gloves, and sometimes a mask
- A blending tool, or “dobber”
- Dedicated small brushes for blending and painting the inks
- A plastic ice cube tray or palette
- Straws for blowing the ink around
- Alcohol based pens, including Sharpies
- Toothpicks, old credit card.
- Optional a hair dryer.
- Plastic milk bottle tops make excellent small holders for alcohol when using the inks for painting.
- Just a few colours of your choice for painting something drawn or stencilled over the inks
- A palette for mixing, water jar and brushes
- Drawing pen