1st and 3rd Wednesday (February to November)
Arrive at 9.15am to start at 9.30am. Finish at 12.30pm
Studio 2, Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre.
Cost $25.00 per week.
Bookings are essential.
Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre provides plenty of convenient parking and disability access.
The 2021 Calendar of Events can be downloaded
Attendees must follow the COVID-19 Safety Plan to maintain a safe and creative environment.
For the February Workshops a maximum of 12 students can attend each session. To attend you must:
- Book and pay in advance. No refunds.
- Send a text message to Marlene on 0409666709 to book your place and pay $25 in advance by direct deposit.
- BSB 062 544 Account number: 28022569, Account Name: Central Coast Art Society. Under Description or Payee Reference please use the code WS followed by your surname and initial (e.g. Bob Brown = WSBrownB)
- CCAS will provide sanitiser, cleaner and paper towels. Please use on arrival.
- Record your details in the Sign-In Register.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. Tables and chairs will be positioned accordingly.
- Participants to be responsible to clean their own areas. No tablecloths to be provided and participant to bring something to cover the table with (e.g. Towel, plastic sheet, paper).
- No morning tea will be provided by CCAS but everyone can bring their own requirements at this stage. No sharing of food is allowed.
- If you are unwell (especially with symptoms of a sore throat, headache, dry cough, a fever or a cold or any flu like symptoms) please do not attend a workshop for any reason.
Personalising your Anniversary Tote Bags with Sam Blanks
Wednesday 3 and 17 February
Bookings close 27 January and 10 February
Bags are $10 each. Payment of the bag must be added to the Workshop fee.
Cyanotype is an alternative photography technique which uses the sun for exposure. As an enlarger is not used, like in traditional photography, you can use real objects (like feathers, leaves, glass ornaments, or anything that casts a shadow) or full-size negatives to create a print. The prints can be quite unique depending on the strength of the sun, where it was exposed, and how long it was exposed for. The cyanotype emulsion can be applied to paper or fabric.
To celebrate CCAS’s 50th Anniversary, we are giving you the opportunity to personalise your own 50th Anniversary tote bag. These will be provided for an extra $10 (payable with workshop fee). Card fronts will also be available throughout the workshop. The workshops will be dedicated to creating the tote bags and while we wait for the prints to expose, we will learn some botanical drawing techniques. The two workshops will be the same so more people can get involved.
Items will be provided on the day so bring what you have. Cyanotype sheets, which can be used for card fronts, will be available for purchase on the day.
You will need to bring
- Objects – feathers, lace, flowers, leaves, shells, transparent items, stencils
- A board to carry your exposures on
- Gloves and Apron
- Drawing Equipment – Paper, Graphite Pencils, Sharpener, Eraser
- Reference Material – Flowers specimens, Photos, Reference books or magazines