1st and 3rd Wednesday (February to November)
Arrive at 9.15am to start at 9.30am. Finish at 12.30pm
Studio 2, Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre.
Gosford Regional Gallery and Arts Centre provides plenty of convenient parking and disability access.
Attendees must follow the COVID-19 Safety Plan to maintain a safe and creative environment.
For the August & September Workshops a maximum of 10 students can attend each session. To attend you must:
- Book and pay in advance. No refunds.
- Send a text message to Marlene on 0409666709 to book your place and pay $25 in advance by direct deposit.
- BSB 062 544 Account number: 28022569, Account Name: Central Coast Art Society. Under Description or Payee Reference please use the code WS followed by your surname and initial (e.g. Bob Brown = WSBrownB)
- CCAS will provide sanitiser, cleaner and paper towels. Please use on arrival.
- Record your details in the Sign-In Register.
- Social distancing must be observed at all times. Tables and chairs will be positioned accordingly.
- Participants to be responsible to clean their own areas. No tablecloths to be provided and participant to bring something to cover the table with (e.g. Towel, plastic sheet, paper).
- No morning tea will be provided by CCAS but everyone can bring their own requirements at this stage. No sharing of food is allowed.
- If you are unwell (especially with symptoms of a sore throat, headache, dry cough, a fever or a cold or any flu like symptoms) please do not attend a workshop for any reason.
Oils or Acrylics with Cheryl Willcox
Still Life on Wednesday 5 August
Bookings for this session close 3 August
Reference photos will be provided at both sessions
Landscape on Wednesday 19 August
Bookings for this session close 13 August
Material List for both sessions
- Gamsol or Langridge 75 (if using oils)
- Phthalo Green (plus alizarin makes almost black)
- Alizarin Crimson (warm for shadows)
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue (warm blue for shadows)
- Cadmium yellow light (cool yellow for highlights)
- Cadmium Orange (cad orange +ultramarine warm grey)
- Titanium White
- Cadmium red
- To assist with costs, student quality paints will be fine – bring what you have
- Brushes Bristle flat or filbert. #1, #2, #4 #6 (choose every second size)
- Small Canvas Panels, 25x20cm
- Rags, paper towels, large rulers (to use as maul sticks), camera, notebook
Creating cheap Panels
- You can purchase MDF board from Mitre10 Kincumber 90x120cm and have it cut into smaller panels, spray it with RUST-OLEUM primer for a smooth surface for oil painting. (Bunnings would have the same)
- You can coat almost any smooth grey cardboard or mount board with Gesso for an inexpensive surface.
Watercolour Workshop with Danni Liu
Flowers on Wednesday 2 September
Bookings close 27 August
Dog Portraiture on Wednesday 16 September
Bookings close 10 September
Materials List for both sessions:
- ⅛ or ¼ sheet, 300g, medium rough
- Raw sienna
- Cadmium yellow
- Cadmium red or pink
- A blue colour (cerulean, phthalo, or ultramarine)
- For brushes, flat brush, Chinese brush (or round brush), and background brush
Wednesday 7 & 21 October: Acrylic with Beth Miller
Bookings close 1 & 15 October
Wednesday 4 & 18 November: Karen Bloomfield
Bookings close 29 October & 12 November